Alternative Text Specialist
AbleDocs is the worldwide leader in document accessibility, processing millions of documents per month for clients ranging from independent designers, to Fortune 100 organizations and government entities from around the world. Making documents accessible for people with print disabilities is all we do! We push the limits of making content accessible to all, ensuring people with print disabilities can live independently.
This position is part of the Production Team of AbleDocs Inc., writing Alternative Text for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents, in accordance with PDF/UA standards. The individual will be working on descriptive text for images within PDF documents i.e., from simple to complex logos, images and mathematical graphs and diagrams.
• Thorough knowledge of ISO and AbleDocs PDF-UA tagging standards.
• Knowledge of Alternative Text writing of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF documents.
• Exceptional Writing skills.
• Attention to details
• Excellent communication skills and time management
• Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDFs.
• Fluently bilingual in English and French. (Additional languages an asset)
This position is part of the Production Team of AbleDocs Inc., your roles and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
• Alternative text writing for documents, in accordance with AbleDocs and PDF/UA standards.
• Ensure Client Specific Requirements are met for assigned work.
• Efficient documentation of your activities within the AD Online system and proper placement of documents to Delivered, once completed. This includes time management when working on files and filling out appropriate client time tracking sheets.
• Update Supervisor with progress of assignments, delays, or any concerns of meeting the deadlines or allocated time on the file.
• Coordinating with remediation technicians and others within the Phase 3 team to ensure there is consistency between multiple documents of a similar structure or within the same contract.
• Utilize notes and comments within the files and our online communication systems to report any issues within specific documents.
• Review work prior to submission out of Phase 3.
• Assist with Alternative Text questions from Document Technicians and seek further clarification from senior staff if unsure the correct approach.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College or University education in French studies and/or Writing, is an asset
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative writing as a profession or hobby is an asset
• Effective and proven interpersonal skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Products
• Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly
• Detailed oriented and ability to follow detailed instructions
• Remote work
Life at AbleDocs
AbleDocs continues to expand and has many opportunities for growth. We offer full employment packages, including full-time salaries, flexible work hours, employee benefits, bonuses, and participation in our profit-sharing program.
We will work with you to establish deep and professional knowledge of the technologies we use, support you with training for your ongoing learning and development and support you within our collaborative environment. Strong communication skills are a key part of your success with us as this is a remote working environment.
AbleDocs is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants. Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.
Come Join Team AbleDocs
We are looking forward hearing from you.