Full-Stack Software Developer (Senior)
AbleDocs is the worldwide leader in digital accessibility, processing millions of documents per month for clients ranging from independent designers, to Fortune 100 organizations and government entities from around the world. Making documents accessible for people with print disabilities is all we do! We push the limits of making content accessible to all, ensuring people with print disabilities can live independently.
The Senior Full Stack Developer (Senior) to join our team and take our practices to the next level. You will be an essential part of building applications along with licensing dashboards and systems.
As the Senior Full Stack Developer, you will work with our Vice President, Development to:
• Be a leading member of our software team
• Ensure our practices improve through iterative changes
• Establish and follow enterprise level coding standards
• Collaborate with our Global development team
• Facilitate great product outcomes by collaborating with our product teams and other stakeholders
• Other duties as required
Skills and Experience:
• Experience with programming frameworks for backend and full-stack development such as React, jQuery, node.js, Flask or Django
• Experience with building modern web sites using ASP.NET Core and Blazor highly desired
• Experience with distributed source control systems, preferably git
• Experience with modern Integrated Development Environments such as Visual Studio, XCode, Eclipse, IntelliJ and/or PyCharm
• Experience with developing, deploying, and supporting RESTful Web APIs and/or web services
• Familiar with different software development methodologies and concepts such as design patterns, aspect-oriented programming, continuous integration, and delivery (CI/CD), unit tests, TDD, and BDD, and infrastructure as code.
• Ability to gather requirements from a variety of internal and external stakeholders with different knowledge levels
• Familiar and comfortable with remote work
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially dealing with rules-based complexity
• Excellent communicator who can facilitate technical discussions and decision making as well as communicate engineering ideas to technical and non-technical audiences alike
• Must have at least 5 years of professional software development experience
Bonus points for:
• Experience with digital accessibility concepts (WCAG, PDF/UA requirements)
• Experience with developing and maintaining software solutions that require rules-based complexity at scale
Life at AbleDocs
AbleDocs continues to expand and has many opportunities for growth. We offer full employment packages, including full-time salaries, flexible work hours, employee benefits, bonuses, and participation in our profit-sharing program.
We will work with you to establish deep and professional knowledge of the technologies we use, support you with training for your ongoing learning and development and support you within our collaborative environment. Strong communication skills are a key part of your success with us as this is a remote working environment.
AbleDocs is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants. Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.
Come Join Team AbleDocs
We are looking forward hearing from you.